Sunday, 8 December 2013

Jeera rice - with stepwise picture



Today I gonna post a simple flavorful rice recipe Jeera rice. This is not a common rice recipe of Kerala and of course I never tasted before. Six month life in Hyderabad gave me too many food experience. Around five to six varieties of rice dishes I tasted from there.
Now all my Friday is biriyani day and Saturday is Jeera rice day ;) . Yes it is very easy so I prefer to prepare this on lazy days. But I don't like plane jeera flavor so sometime I will add green chilli or little bit coriander leaf and saffron. 

Ingredients
2 cup basmati rice
1 ½ tsp of cumin seed
2 green chillis
Salt to taste
Pinch of saffron (optional)
3-4 tbsp of oil/ ghee

Preparation
1)    Wash and soak the rice for 30 minute
2)   Heat oil/ ghee in a pressure cooker then add cumin seed and green chilli
3)   Once nice smell comes add 3 ¾ cup of water. Add salt into it
4)   Add rice when water started to boil
5)   Add saffron mix nicely and close the lid
6)   After first whistle keep this in 1 minute at high flame then turn off flame
7)   Open the lid after 20 minute or till the pressure down completely

8)   Serve this with your favorite side dish











Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time

Your comment and suggestion will be my inspiration